The GreenLiving is an ongoing effort to make "green" improvements in the following categories:
- Energy Efficiency - This includes the introduction of power saving technologies like high efficiency lighting, EnergyStar appliances, programmable thermostats, and motion sensors.
- Water Conservation - This includes comprehensive property water audits that find ways to reduce the amount of water used in units, in offices, and on the grounds.
- Waste Reduction - This includes the introduction of recycling wherever possible, for residents, offices, and any onsite renovations or construction materials.
- Sustainable Products - This includes the use of healthier and more environmentally sustainable products into renovations and maintenance work.
- Indoor Air Quality - This includes the use of low-odor, low toxicity paints and non-toxic cleaning supplies. We also certify higher standard air filters for heating and air conditioning units.
- Environmentally-Friendly Landscaping - This includes the use of healthier cleaning products and landscape chemicals, as well as incorporating water conservation strategies to make sure this precious resource isn't wasted.